From time to time it's necessary to remove drivers in order to update or reinstall them. On most systems, you should remove the drivers first, then remove the hardware.
- WIndows 98
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000/XP
These instructions will work for both Windows 2000 and XP.
- Left click the Start button
- Click Control Panel
- Click System control panel
- Click the Hardware tab
- Click the button labled Device Manager
- Select the device you wish to uninstall in the Device Manager window
- From the toolbar, click the uninstall button (looks like a computer with
a red X over it)
You can also uninstall by right clicking on the device and selecting Uninstall from the context menu. A dialog box will open asking you if you really wish to uninstall the driver. Click YES, then OK in the next window, then OK in the System Properties Window.