- TCP breaks up messages from applications using protocols like HTTP, SMTP and POP3 (email) and FTP into segments.
- TCP then transmits the segments (message pieces) to the remote hosts
- TCP on the remote host reassembles the segments even if they are received out of order.
- Introduction to Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- TCP: A Reliable Protocol
- TCP Header
- TCP 3-Way Handshake
- TCP Connections
- TCP Sockets
- TCP Data Transfer
- TCP Segmentation and Reassembly
- TCP Flow Control
- TCP Multiplexing
- TCP Precedence
- TCP Transport Stream Push (TCP Push)
Bookmark this page and SHARE: